CBS (Accounting) Ltd
Your Privacy is Important to us
This notice informs you how we use the information you give us and how we protect your privacy. It also explains your rights under the “UK Data Protection Act (update 2018)” and the “EU General Data Protection Regulations 2018”. We abide by UK Law and our data protection regulator within the UK is the Information Commissioners Office (details below). Our licence number is Z124906X. This can be checked on www.ico.org.uk
Collecting of and purpose for your information
We offer accounting and payroll services to our clients. To provide such a service, we may need to collect personal data such as name, address, contact details. For all clients and directors, partners and shareholders of our client firms we will be required to check your identity in order to comply with our regulatory requirements and to comply with “The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017 (MLR 2017)”.
Your information may be used to introduce you to the services we offer, to help with ongoing administration, to contact you with any review or changes that are applicable, for our own business research and analysis.
Withholding of the required data may result in an insufficient service being provided.
We may obtain data from individual customers or from employer firms.
Sharing your data
We may share your personal data with –
- Various software and web services used to process data. These may include such organisations as Intuit (Quickbooks), KashFlow, Xero, Pension Providers etc, although this list is not exhaustive
- Regulatory bodies to which we are required to submit information either on your behalf or about you. These will include HMRC, Companies House, the Pensions Regulator, Office for National Statistics etc. This list is not exhaustive
- Any person or organisation where you have requested us to divulge information, for example a bank or finance company
- We may verify your identity by searching publicly available records held by credit reference agencies
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them
We will not share your information with any other third parties unless it is necessary for us to carry out our agreement with you or to fulfil a regulatory requirement.
We will not sell any information we hold about you to any third party.
Your rights regarding your data
- We will not hold your information for any longer than is necessary and as a maximum no longer than 5 years after you have terminated as a client of our firm unless there is a legal reason for retention
- Should your data be inaccurate we will rectify this without delay
- Should you wish us to delete your data at any point, please contact the office as shown below to make the request. This will be actioned unless there is a lawful reason for us to retain the information in which case you will be advised accordingly
- Should you wish to transfer your data to another organisation, please contact the office as below and we will organise this for you
- You can request access to your data at any time. We will provide you with a full copy within one month of your request
- You can withdraw consent to us holding and processing your information at any time. Please contact the office as below should you wish to do this. Note that if it is data we are legally required to retain, we will not be able to delete it
- We may provide you with updates and news letters which are appropriate to your service on an ongoing basis – this will be explained to you if it is applicable. You can opt out of these should you wish to – contact us and advise us if you wish to
We have in place a full information security policy, business continuity and disaster recovery plan. We take data security very seriously and have in place we feel the most secure options available to store and transfer your data securely. We can provide details on request.
Our contact details
Should you wish to contact us in relation to any issues within this notice, please contact:
Data Controller – Mr John Perry
CBS (Accounting) Ltd
Central Business Services
Oak Business Centre
79-93 Ratcliffe Road
You will be responded to as promptly as possible
Your right to complain
Should you wish to make a complaint in relation to data protection issues relating to our firm, you can contact us as above or you can contact:
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number
We are required under the Regulations to obtain your consent to our collection, processing, sharing and holding of your personal data. Please ensure you have read this notice fully and accept all that it contains. If you have any queries, please contact us directly. Please contact us should you not be able to read or understand this notice sufficiently.